5E Arena has the right to remove, modify or change the rules without further notice.
5E Arena also reserves the right to make decisions on cases not covered by the current rulebook to ensure fair competition.
This is the only rulebook which is valid for ASIA ESPORTS FESTIVAL Online: Cross Border Challenge. The tournament will be judged based on this rulebook. Its participants and teams must confirm that they have read, understood, and accepted all rules and regulations stated in this rulebook.
Online Cross-Border Challenge.
Structure and Dates: Regional Qualifiers on December 3rd
Regional and Grand finals December 17th
Tournament format: All matches are BO1. Except Regionals and Grand Finals BO3
- Participating teams must join the official Discord of AEF: https://discord.gg/bXxrVkeMvK After the registration is closed, the tournament schedule and official updates will be posted on the channel.
- 5E will not be responsible for any personal circumstances that will affect the registration and competition — 5E reserve the right to make the final decisions on exceptional situations.
Every Participant allows the use of personal data, photographic, audio or video material for promotional purposes.
5E Arena reserves the right to edit, play, upload, and record all demos.
- The software used is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Steam Version) and 5E ARENA.
- It is a 5 VS 5 Player Team Tournament.
- Each team must present 1 (one) representative(TEAM). He/ she is responsible for his/her team and will be responsible for choosing maps and all communication with referees must be done through the team captain.
- The tournament will be played with the following rule set:
- Rounds: 30 Rounds (Fifteen as each side[Terrorists & Counter-Terrorists])
- Victory Conditions: The first team to win 16 rounds wins the map and the round is over immediately.
- Each individual round is 1:45 in duration
- Starting side will be chosen by a knife round in BO1.
- In case of a tie after the regulation rounds end (15-15), 6 extra rounds will be played. 3 rounds as Terrorists and 3 rounds as Counter-Terrorists. First team to win 4 rounds wins the map. [Repeat if necessary]
- The first team to win 16 rounds will be declared the victor of the match and will advance
- The map each team will play will be picked through a map veto.
- No outside applications / executables / dll’s / workshop items, read _ANY_ method of gaining an advantage over the other team is allowed in the tournament.
- Players not ready within 15minutes (outside technical issues is not concern of organisers) of their match will forfeit that match .
- No Custom player T’s / CT’s model are allowed; they should be removed and use the default T’s /CT’S model.
Maps will be decided through a veto system in 5E Arena Application.
Seeding will not be used in this community challenge, brackets will be shuffled three times.
Match Start / Punctuality – All matches should start as stated on the tournament schedule. Any changes of the time must be accepted by the Tournament Admins. All Teams and Players in a match should be on the server and ready to go at the latest fifteen (15)minutes before the start of the match.
Rescheduling matches on your own without informing the admins is strictly prohibited and will not be entertained. After requesting for a reschedule, the admins still have the right to deny the request based on the tournament structure.
We will wait for a maximum of 15 minutes from the designated time of the match. If one or multiple members of a team does not show up within that period, the opponent team will be given a win for “No-Show”.
The designated time of the veto is always 15 minutes before the match starts. The teams must complete the veto within those 15 minutes. Failure to do so, might lead to the opponent team getting a forfeit win.
Request a New Game Server – Teams must report game server issues no later than five (5) minutes before the scheduled start time of the match. Failure to do so will forfeit a Team’s right to request a game server change at the Tournament Admin’s discretion
Game Specific Rules
Game version – The tournament will use the latest available version of the game client.
Anti-Cheat – Tournament servers will be Anti-Cheat enabled and will require Anti-Cheat enabled clients. If a player is VAC banned then they are not allowed to take part in a match.
The Tournament will use the current competitive map pool (Valve Active Duty Map Group) which consists of the following maps:
First team on schedule will be Team A
1. Team A removes one map.
2. Team B removes one map.
3. Team A removes one map.
4. Team B removes one map.
5. Team A removes one map.
6. Team B removes one map.
7. The remaining map is being played.
1. Team A removes one map.
2. Team B removes one map.
3. Team A picks the first-played map.
4. Team B picks the second-played map.
5. Team A removes one map.
6. Team B removes one map.
7. The remaining map is played as a decider if required.
There will be 5 minutes break between every map.
The following match settings will be used during the tournament:
Rounds:(Best out of 30 Rounds)
Round time: 1 minute 55 seconds
Start money: $800
Freeze time: 20 seconds
Buy time: 20 seconds
Bomb timer: 40 seconds
Overtime rounds: best out of 6
Overtime start money: $10,000
Round restart delay 5 seconds
cl_showpos 1 – is allowed
Break during half time: 2 minutes 30 seconds (ONLY MATCHES WHICH ARE STREAMED)
Break during half time in overtimes: disabled
Overtimes – In case of a draw after all 30 rounds have been played, an overtime will be played in best out of 6 mode (mp_maxrounds 6) and with $10,000 start money (mp_startmoney 10000). For the start of the overtime teams will stay on the side which they played the previous half on, during half-time sites will be swapped. Teams will continue to play overtime until a winner has been found.
In-Game chat – It is not allowed to write about things that are not directly related to the match in the in-game chat. This is including but not limited to discussion of the technical issues and any sort of advertisement.
COACHING – Coaching is allowed during the tournament and for the teams with the following will be also registering coach in during the registrations of tournament in the team.
Usage of pause function:
Technical Pause – If a player has a problem that prevents him from playing on, he is allowed to use the pause function. The technical pause function can be called by typing “.tech” or “.technical”. The player has to announce the reason before or immediately after he paused the match. During a technical pause, headsets have to stay on. Unless the referee instructs the match participant otherwise any form of communication including but not limited to text and voice communication between players and coaches is forbidden during a technical pause.
There will be a maximum of 10 minutes allocated for technical pause for each team. After using up the entire Technical Pause, the match will be unpaused forcefully by the admin.
Timeout – Each team is allowed to invoke a timeout (tactical pause) of 30 seconds up to four times per map. Use !pause to take a tactical timeout.
Admin Pause – The admin can pause the game from his station , when it is required. If for some reason the player pausing does not work, they have to request the admin to do it.
Teams are required to contact the tournament administration if they are unsure on the validity of a command and its value. A team may be penalized for having forbidden commands in their configuration file, regardless if it was in use.
Scripts – All scripts are illegal except for buy, toggle, demo scripts. A team may be penalized for having forbidden scripts in their configuration file, regardless if it was in use.
Graphics drivers – Any modification or changing of the game using external graphics solutions or other 3rd party programs are strictly prohibited and may be punished under the cheating paragraph.
Overlays – All kinds of overlays which will show the usage rate of the system in any way in-game (e.g. Nvidia SLI display, Rivatuner Overlay) is forbidden. Overlays which will show only the frames per second (FPS) are not forbidden and can be used.
Custom Data – Players are not allowed to use any form of custom game files during the official matches. Only CSGO skins are allowed to bechanged. Any other changes, including but not limited to modification of sprites, HUDs, score boards, crosshairs are strictly disallowed.
Number of Players– All matches have to be played with five players per team (5 vs 5), other constellations are not allowed. If a team fails to show up with enough players, the match will count as no-show.
Change of Players – Only players that are part of the team can be substituted in. The opposing team and tournament administration has to be informed beforehand.
Change procedure – Lineup changes are only allowed in between maps. The player will not receive additional time to set up compared to the time it would have taken with the original player.
Match Interruptions – If a match is interrupted for reasons beyond the control of the participants (e.g. server or player crash), the tournament administration will restore the round using the CSGO’s backup & restore feature, but in some scenarios may decide to replay the round or even a whole match.
If the issue takes place during the first minute of the round, before any damage has occurred and the opponent or referee has been immediately notified, the round will be restored.
If the issue takes place during a round and after the damage has been made and the outcome of the round can still be determined (e.g. a single player has dropped but others remain), then the round will not be replayed or restored. The round will continue to be played and will count. Special exceptions can be made if the damage dealt was ruled insignificant e.g. accidental teammate damage dealt at the start of the round or damage dealt to the opposing side by the team that was affected by the crash.
If the issue takes place during the round, after damage has occurred and the outcome of the round cannot be determined (e.g. due to server crash), the match will be restored to the beginning of the round.
If the issue takes place during the round, after damage has occurred and the outcome of the round is obvious (e.g. one team is saving with 10 seconds remaining), but it cannot be continued due to for example a server crash, then the round can be awarded.
The matches will not be stopped and/or rounds will not be restored or replayed in cases where it is clearly a participant’s fault (e.g. mis-buying a weapon).
The intentional use of any bugs, glitches, or errors in the game is forbidden. It is up to the admins discretion whether or not the use of said bugs had an effect on the match, and whether or not he will award rounds, or the match to the opposing team, or to force a rematch. The usage of the following bugs is strictly forbidden, if any bug is used which is not listed here it is up to the admins discretion whether or not a punishment is necessary.
Moving through clipped areas where the movement is not intended by the design of the map is strictly forbidden (any walls, ceilings, floors etc).
The bomb may not be planted in a location where it cannot be defused. Planting the bomb in such a way that no one can hear the beeping sound or the planting sound is also forbidden.
Standing on top of teammates is generally allowed, it is only forbidden, when such actions allow the player to peek over, under and/or through a solid object (e.g. wall, box, ceiling) that should not be allowed according to map design.
Pixel walking is forbidden. A player will be considered to be pixel walking if they sit or stand on invisible pixels on the map, where there is no visible edge.
It is recommended to check with tournament administration whether or not a certain bug or glitch is considered illegal.
It is forbidden to cheat, modify the game files, exploit bugs, and/or use any third-party application which would give an unfair advantage against other users.
All cheats are completely forbidden to use under any circumstance. Using any cheat will result in bans and disqualifications. This includes, but are not limited to:
Teleportation (any kind of teleportation, which is not possible in the game)
The usage of a bug/bugs to gain an advantage versus your opponents
If a team uses a player that has an active ban by the organisers, Esports Entertainment Asia, 5E Arena and GAM3.GG, the team will be disqualified from the tournament.
Players with bans on any accounts within two (2) years are not eligible to compete in any of the tournaments hosted by Esports Entertainment Asia, 5E Arena and GAM3.GG
Esports Entertainment Asia and GAM3.GG reserves the right to monitor any player, for any reason, during the tournament.
Players, coaches, team staff, team owners as well as hosts and staff from Esports Entertainment Asia, 5E Arena and, GAM3.GG and respective partners are prohibited from gambling or betting on any matches in any tournament.
All sorts of match-fixing and/or teaming are strictly forbidden and will be punished. This may include temporary or permanent bans.
- Show respect to everyone involved in the tournament. This includes, but is not limited to players and staff.
- Treat everyone the same way as you would like to be treated yourself.
- Always show integrity while playing in every tournament, be honest and play fair.
- Do not use any discriminatory language, including but not limited to any language regarding ethnicity, nationality, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or personal beliefs.
- Do not use any extreme foul language, including but not limited to excessive profanity or language that is graphically sexual, grotesque, or violent.
- Do not make threats of real-world violence or other intended harm to anyone involved in the tournament.
- Do not harass, stalk, or purposely do things to make someone else feel uncomfortable or threatened.
- Do not share personal information about yourself or other individuals.
- Do not engage in, request, arrange, or offer illegal activities or materials.
- Do not impersonate other individuals.
- Do not spam, be it in text or voice.
- Do not share your account, your account is for your use and your use alone. Do not grant access to your account to anyone else, and do not access anyone else’s account, even with their permission.
- Teams are responsible for their own technical issues, including hardware, software and/or internet issues. Issues with setups are not an acceptable reason for lateness or pausing beyond a Team’s allowance. Matches will not be rescheduled because of technical issues and matches will be played nevertheless.
- The organiser reserves the right to, in special cases, override and/or remove, and/or add any rule stated above to guarantee fair play.
First Place: 1,500 SGD
Second Place: 1,000 SGD
Third/ Fourth Place: 250 SGD/ Team
- Prizes will be given out to the winning team within 30 days from the end of event.
- Organiser will contact the team captain when prizes are ready for collection.
Finality of Decisions
Decisions regarding the interpretation of these rules, player eligibility, scheduling and staging of Asia Esports Festival Online: Cross Border Challenge, and penalties for misconduct, lie solely with Officials, the decisions of which are final. Officials decisions with respect to these Rules cannot be appealed and shall not give rise to any claim for monetary damages or any other legal or equitable remedy.
These Rules may be amended, modified or supplemented by Esports Entertainment Asia, 5E Arena, and GAM3.GG, from time to time, in order to ensure fair play and the integrity of the Asia Esports Festival Online: Cross Border Challenge.
Best Interests of Asia Esports Festival Online: Cross Border Challenge
Officials at all times may act with the necessary authority to preserve the best interests of the AEF 2022: MLBB. This power is not constrained by the lack of any specific language in this document. The officials may use any form of punitive actions at their disposal against any entity whose conduct is not within the confines of the best interests of the Asia Esports Festival Online: Cross Border Challenge.